Friday, December 9, 2011

So the first thing I really needed to do was eliminate soda from my diet.  I used to drink about 4 to 7 cans of root beer a day.  So I started out limiting myself to 3 a day then the next week 1 a day then one every other day and now I probably have a soda once or twice a week.  I didn't do it overnight and it was still hard for me.  I feel like I was totally addicted to the sugar in it.  Some people drink diet soda and think that makes it alright.  Personally, I think that putting fake sugar in your system tricks your body until the body figures it out and then it just craves more sweet stuff.  Ever wonder why you are more thirsty after a diet soda?  Our bodies are not dumb, they can be tricked but only for so long.  If I want or crave sugar, guess what?  I am going to put real sugar in my body.  I am a firm believer that all the man made crap out there, our bodies have a hard time digesting.  Don't misunderstand me, although I use real sugar and butter, I have learned how to limit my servings.  The next step for me was my water intake.  Our bodies really need water.  What do you do when you are tired of water?  I put a slice of lemon or lime in it.  I have also put in a mint leaf and a slice of cucumber.  Water does not have to be boring.  Tea is another good way to get your water intake.  So experiment a bit and do what works for you.  Let's face it, we are all very different and we have to find what's right for us.  No one person is the same and because of that, no one weight loss plan is going to work for everyone.  I'm just trying to share some simple things that have so far helped me to loose over 30 pounds and counting. 

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration! I will work on the water thing...herbal tea does sound really nice right now with it so cold outside!

    ReplyDelete